We spent 2 nights in Kaanapali, Maui from September 16-17, 2011 before sailing Norwegian Cruise Line’s Pride of America for the second time from September 18-27, 2011. Until I have time to write a full trip report, here is a rundown of what we did:
- Friday night (Maui): Costco & Walmart shopping
- Saturday (Maui): Kapalua Beach, snorkel Black Rock (Kaanapali Beach), dinner at David Paul’s
- Sunday (Maui): Lahaina, checked into POA, unpacked, dinner at Mama’s Fish House
- Monday (Maui): Waterfalls & Rainforest Hike with Hike Maui
- Tuesday (Hilo): Mauna Loa Mac Nut Factory, Puna area (Lava Tree Park, Champagne Pond, Kapoho Tidepools, Ahalanui Park)
- Wednesday (Kona): Snorkel Two Step / Puʻuhonua o Hōnaunau (aka Place of Refuse), walk around Snorkel Puʻuhonua o Hōnaunau and Kona
- Thursday (Kauai): Wailua Falls, Lydgate Beach Park, Poliahu Heiau, ‘Opaeka’a Falls, Queen’s Bath, Hanalei Overlook, Wishing Well Shave Ice, Ha’ena Beach & Dry Cave, Waikanaloa Wet Caves, Ke’e Beach, dinner at Hukilau Lanai
- Friday (Kauai): (originally booked Tubing Adventure but it got cancelled) slept in, Anchor Cove Mall shopping, lunch at Cadillac Diner, Napali Coast sailby
- Saturday (Oahu): North Shore – LOST Other’s Camp / YMCA Camp, Haleiwa, Matsumoto’s Shave Ice, Papa’iloa Beach (also from LOST), Turtle Beach, Shark’s Cove, Dole Pineapple Plantation, dinner at Sushi Sasabune (DH demanded we go back!)
- Sunday (Oahu): Hiked Diamond Head, Pearl Harbor – private tours of Ford Island & Hickman Air Force Base by our friend stationed there, small museum at Pearl Harbor that opened in December
I hope to write a full trip report eventually but in the meantime, feel free to comment or contact me if you have specific questions about the trip.
Disclaimer: We may earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.